- Facts and Stories Worth Knowing
- Originally, this building was the German Savings Deposit Bank (see advertisement below).
- More recently the building housed a Mellon Bank and then a Citizen's Bank until 2005.
- Notice the rounded arches with the decorated keystones, the triangular pediment above the doorway, and the elaborate flower-like column capitals. The flat roof is topped with a parapet and balustrade with a datestone.
- In 2005, a private developer purchased the building for $350,000 and renovated it as a restaurant and bar.
- The Carson City Saloon opened in 2006 (see photos below).
- In 2011, they added a new bar to cope with customer flow.