Membership: Schools and School Districts
Schools & School Districts Membership
Each new member adds strength to our organization, and together we provide a strong collective voice on behalf of historic preservation. Our success depends on the support and involvement of many people and organizations.
Your membership contribution or charitable gift will be used to continue and increase our historic preservation programs and services in the Pittsburgh region.
JOIN US and support our efforts to:
- Stand guard over the major architectural landmarks of Allegheny County.
- Revitalize historic neighborhoods and properties, and assist inner-city neighborhood efforts in restoration, new construction, and affordable home-ownership programs through the Preservation Loan Fund.
- Provide technical assistance and advice to dozens of communities and neighborhood groups.
- Identify and survey the historical, architectural, and industrial resources in Allegheny County and complete nominations to the National Register of Historic Places.
- Preserve Pittsburgh’s historic parks and public sculpture.
- Create student/teacher workshops, tours, lectures, publications, and other educational programs featuring the history and architecture of the Pittsburgh region.
- Formulate reuse plans for abandoned industrial sites in Allegheny County.
- Contribute to the economy of Greater Pittsburgh by developing tourist attractions based on our architectural and industrial heritage and the good use of our rivers.
- Evaluate future development proposals as an advocate for the preservation of the Pittsburgh region’s special character.
- Continue a well-managed, responsive, and creative membership organization with the ability to implement these goals on a long-range basis.
In addition to the Individual Membership Benefits, Schools and School Districts Receive:
- free copies (while supplies last) of a Pittsburgh poster, postcard, bookmark, and timeline of key events in local African American History
- free use of more than a dozen slide shows from our slide-lending collection about Pittsburgh’s history, architecture, parks, and sculpture
- free use of the Artifact Touch Kit
- a free subscription to PHLF News.
- free access to PHLF’s reference libraries of architectural and historic books, magazines, photographs, slides, and rail transportation archives
- invitations to special events
- and discounts on all tours
- 50% discount on the Downtown Dragons walking tour
- 50% discount on the Portable Pittsburgh Artifact Kit
- 50% discount on the Strip District walking tour
- 50% discount on the Landmark Survivors posters series
- 50% discount on Architecture: The Building Art exhibit
- 10% on all publications
- Call 412-471-5808 and speak to Mary Lu Denny to join.
You may select a membership for one student, once school (including all students within the school), or the entire school district.
|Join Today! Select whether you wish to enroll your school, or your entire district.|