Educational Outreach Programs
Sponsorship Opportunity: $2,500
- Acknowledged in media announcements and printed program materials.
- Featured in PHLF News (3,200 circulation), in relevant PHLF e-mail blasts (6,000 circulation), and on the PHLF Web site.
- Invited to Landmarks Heritage Society recognition event.
Your gift could support any of the following 4 programs:
- Building Pride/Building Character Tour for 30 school students, aboard Molly’s Trolleys:
This full-day adventure includes tours of six sites (City-County Building; Allegheny County Courthouse; Fort Pitt Museum; Fort Pitt Block House; Duquesne Incline; Points of View Park) and a Trip Book. Teachers and students describe this as “the best field trip ever” for learning about the history and significance of Pittsburgh.
- Architecture Apprenticeship Program
During five full-day sessions with PHLF, high school students interested in pursuing a career in architecture are introduced to the goals of architecture, the design process, and key concepts in urban planning and historic preservation. They also develop and present design solutions for a vacant lot in Homestead. Each fall PHLF offers this class through the Allegheny Intermediate Unit to about 30 students.
- Neighborhood Programs––Tour and Art Activities:
Throughout the year, schools and community groups invite PHLF to provide neighborhood walking tours and related art activities. We charge modest fees for our services (usually $2.00 per student) and depend upon contributions to offset program costs, including art supplies and printed materials.
- Updating and Maintaining Educational Web Sites:
Help us maintain and update two educational Web sites that are used by thousands of teachers and students: